Tuesday, May 19, 2009

I Seem To Only Make One Thing


I've been slacking lately but I think I'm almost motivated to blog again. I think my main issue is pictures. It annoys me to load them both onto the computer and then onto the blog. I know that's lame so I'll just get over it.
On to some food stuff. More Turkey Burgers. I believe that John may be bordering on obsession when it comes to these. He just loves them, which is great because they're tasty and easy to make and not very expensive. I actually made them for Mother's Day as well and they didn't come out quite as well because we did them on the BBQ instead of an inside grill pan. I had never used the barbeque before to make them and I think that it was a bit too hot, so they cooked too much on the outside before I could get the inside fully cooked. That's the main issue with poultry burgers, the fact that they need to be completely cooked through, which means grilling them at a lower temp is necessary.
At my house I loaded the burgers up with cheddar cheese and then used some leftover feta to complete them. I couldn't really taste the feta, but it gave me some ideas for the future. More on that in a minute.

At my mom's house I topped the burgers with pepper jack which gave them a nice bite. I also made Ina Garten's brownie pudding, which I should have photographed, and it was easy, rich, and delicious. At my house I roasted some new potatoes and zucchini to go along. A tasty meal, I must say!

Now, when I added the feta to the turkey burgers I started thinking about how to make a Greek Turkey burger. (I know I sound like Rachael Ray, who I don't really like but yet I watch her show. I'm not sure what's wrong with me. Sometimes she makes stuff that looks ok and sometimes she creates such revolting meals that those are actually entertaining in their own right. The hot dog salad or whatever she made with a dressing of relish and yellow mustard? Gross) Anyway, I lived in Greece for a summer once a million years ago, and that summer I subsisted off Greek salad and chicken souvlaki, chicken skewers essentially, for those who don't know. So, I could make a chicken burger and stick the tomatoes, cucumber, oregano and feta inside it and maybe top it off with some tzaziki. Mmmm, that would be tasty. perhaps I must experiment next week. I'll keep you posted!

No comments: